Search Open Positions
Patient Access Manager I at Piedmont Medical Center
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for leading all daily Patient Access operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Assists in preparation for both short and long range planning recommendations for all Registration Process areas including: pre-service and point-of-service financial clearance activities and Patient Access functions. Actively practice budget/cost management.
- Develop and implement action plans as identified.
- Manages all operational metrics to ensure the department meets client and Conifer goals including, but not limited to Service Level Agreements and budgetary guidelines.
- Consistently manages staffing activities in areas of responsibility. This includes documentation and identification of needs, selection of staff, wage/salary activities, orientation and training. Grow/Mentor supervisors and ensure staff engagement and commitment to strategy, mission and goals. Communicate proactively and positively with direct supervisor to ensure personal growth in knowledge and skill set.
- Enforces departmental policies, practices, procedures and work rules in accordance with approved hospital policies and assists in the development of new policies according to hospital and corporate guidelines.
- Consistently communicates appropriate information to staff and provides feedback to Director and CFO. Communicates deficits and problems to supervisor with recommended solutions for improvements.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Supervisor, PA
Indirect Reports (titles) Rep, PA I-IV
Reports to (titles) Director I or II onsite
Leadership: Can be standalone leader at a clinic facility
Must be MGR, PA I if PAD is onsite
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management abilities
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems in Health Care Information System
- Clear understanding of Revenue Cycle Management and Regulatory Agencies required
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications.
- Strong knowledge and ability to drive operational metrics.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of Health Care Supervisory experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of relationship between Admitting, Clinical Areas, Financial Areas, and pre-service and point-of-service financial clearance activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hospital Work Environment
- Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands
- Must be on-call as needed
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Patient Access Representative II At Piedmont Medical Center ! Job ID: 2005019042 Date posted: 09/08/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Supervisor at FORT MILL Job ID: 2205004454 Date posted: 02/09/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II Job ID: 2205024335 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet