Group Compliance Officer Lead, Texas Group - San Antonio, TX
The Group Compliance Officer Lead has responsibility for managing the implementation of Tenet’s Ethics and Compliance program within the hospitals in the applicable compliance geographic group. The Group Compliance Officer Lead position provides leadership in the group for ethics and compliance matters and coordinates on ethics and compliance related matters with the operational group leads (group CEO, group CFO, etc.) in that group. The position will also directly supervise the other compliance officers within the group.
Position based in San Antonio, Texas.
CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE, ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
The qualifications and characteristics listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Minimum Professional Qualifications:
- Must be currently in a Compliance role within the respective market to be considered.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of Federal healthcare programs.
- Other success factors include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team, and is good at doing so.
- Well-developed communications and consensus building skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Minimum Personal Characteristics:
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo. A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and sincere individual.
- Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional goals.
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input.
- Accepts delegation and is able to make decisions.
- Coach, monitor and supporter.
- Thorough and well-prepared.
- Sense of humor.
- Committed to the highest quality of patient care.
- Innovative and creative.
Minimum Education/Experience: A college degree or equivalent is required. Strong preference for at least 5 years’ experience in healthcare compliance or a related field, preferably for a large, multi-faceted healthcare company.
Tenet Healthcare complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities