LAB ASSISTANT PRN Rotating St. Luke's Baptist Hospital San Antonio TX
- Job ID 2005016252
- Date posted 06/05/2020
- Facility St. Luke's Baptist Hospital
Performs routine technical and clerical functions. Performs venipuncture, specimen receipt and distribution of laboratory specimens; will perform CLIA waived laboratory tests, as requested.
- Performs routine technical and clerical functions to include specimen registration and billing.
- Performs specimen receipt and distribution of laboratory specimens.
- Performs phlebotomist duties as assigned.
- Will perform waived testing, and assist in microbiology processing and plating specimens, as requested.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Completion of phlebotomy program
Required: 1 year of laboratory experience and/or completion of a formal phlebotomy training program
Preferred: In addition to above, basic laboratory computer/lab information system experience preferred
Required: Phlebotomy Certification where State law requires
Preferred: Completion of formal phlebotomy training program and/or national phlebotomy certification through ASCP, ANP, ASPT or similar
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.