LPN/LVN Heart and Vascular Institute of Texas
- Job ID 2105000809
- Date posted 01/12/2021
- Facility Staff BHS Physicians Net
Responsible for providing direct nursing care under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Direct patient to proper exam/treatment room; prepare patients for examinations and other procedures, complete H&Ps and take vitals
- Assist physician with procedures as directed, when necessary, remove sutures and apply steri-strips, collect, label and document specimens and transport to laboratory for frozen sections, log all biopsy results; send copy to appropriate physician. Mix medications, give injections and is competent with IVs.
- Instruct patients in all appropriate procedures
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of an accredited nursing program.
Experience: 2 years of clinical in a physician office.
Certifications: Current State LVN/LPN license and CPR certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.