Search Open Positions
Registered Nurse Case Manager Per Diem Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
“I feel like I'm rewarded in many ways. Just the time that I get to share with patients and learn who they are - I feel like that's a gift to me.”- Elizabeth Vernon, RN
- Paid Time Off
The RN / Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination.
The RN / Registered Nurse Case Manager in this position has overall responsibility for ensuring that care is provided at the appropriate level of care based on medical necessity and to assess the patient for transition needs to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions.
This RN / Registered Nurse Case Manager integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
Utilization Management supporting medical necessity and denial prevention
Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of care
Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
The individual’s responsibilities include the following activities:
- RN / Registered Nurse Case Manager accurate medical necessity screening and submission for Physician Advisor review,
- Care coordination,
- Transition planning assessment and reassessment,
- Implementation or oversight of implementation of the transition plan,
- RN / Registered Nurse Case Manager l is responsible in leading and facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care conferences,
- Managing concurrent disputes,
- Making appropriate referrals to other departments, h ) identifying and referring complex patients to Social Work Services,
- Communicating with patients and families about the plan of care,
- Collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary departments,
- Leading and facilitating Complex Case Review,
- Assuring patient education is completed to support post-acute needs ,
- Timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management system, n ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information,
- Identification and documentation of potentially avoidable days,
- Identification and reporting over and underutilization,
- And other duties as assigned
Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Required: Two (2) years acute hospital patient care experience.
Preferred: Acute hospital case management experience.
Required: Active Registered Nurse license.
Preferred: Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.