Search Open Positions
Social Worker Behavioral Health Per Diem Days
The Social Worker is responsible to facilitate care along a continuum through effective resource coordination to help patients achieve optimal health, access to care and appropriate utilization of resources, balanced with the patient’s resources and right to self-determination.
The Social Worker has overall responsibility for to assess the patient for transition needs including identifying and assessing patients at risk for readmission.
The Social Worker conducts complex psycho-social assessment and intervention to promote timely throughput, safe discharge and prevent avoidable readmissions.
The Social Worker integrates national standards for case management scope of services including:
- Transition Management promoting appropriate length of stay, readmission prevention and patient satisfaction
- Care Coordination by demonstrating throughput efficiency while assuring care is the right sequence and at appropriate level of care
- Compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements, TJC accreditation standards and Tenet policy
- Education provided to physicians, patients, families and caregivers
The Social Worker ’s responsibility will include the following activities:
- Complex psycho-social transition planning assessment and reassessment and intervention,
- Assistance with adoptions, abuse and neglect cases, including assessment, intervention and referral as appropriate to local, state and /or federal agencies,
- Care coordination,d) implementation or oversight of implementation of the transition plan,
- Leading and/or facilitating multi-disciplinary patient care conferences including Complex Case Review,
- Making appropriate referrals to other departments, g ) communicating with patients and families about the plan of care,
- Collaborating with physicians, office staff and ancillary departments, I) assuring patient education is completed to support post-acute needs ,
- Timely complete and concise documentation in Case Management system, k ) maintenance of accurate patient demographic and insurance information,
- And other duties as assigned.
Preferred: Two (2) years acute hospital experience.
Required: BSW based on license requirements of the state in which the Tenet Hospital operates.
Preferred: Accredited Case Manager (ACM)
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory Therapist Full Time Nights Job ID: 2105035616 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Baptist Medical Center
- Physical Therapist Inpatient Rehab Per Diem Days Job ID: 2105035004 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Northeast Baptist Hospital
- Respiratory Therapist Per Diem Nights Job ID: 2105035611 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Baptist Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet