Sous Chef Full Time Days
- Job ID 2105012067
- Date posted 04/12/2021
- Facility Baptist Medical Center
Under general supervision, Sous Chef prepares food for all areas of the department.
- Sous Chef Prepares food for cafeteria, physicians and catered functions and other assigned duties.
- Sous Chef Prepares bakery products as needed.
- Sous Chef Assists with preparation for food for room serve or patient service line as needed.
- Follows standardized menus when requested.
- Determines whether a product is prepared correctly and decides if it is to be served.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of all equipment used in the kitchen.
- Checks temperatures of prepared foods at various times during the day.
- Assures the timely delivery of food.
- Checks patient trays-temperature and content.
- Directs and coaches food services and production staff as assigned.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Culinary Arts
Required: 5 years food preparationexperience in restaurant or healthcare environment. ( AA Degree in Culinary Arts may be substituted for 4 years experience).
Required: Certification as Food or Dietary Manager based on city or state requirements.
Preferred: License required based on state requirements
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.