TPR Compliance Officer - Central, Preferred San Antonio, TX; Rio Grande Valley, TX; El Paso, TX (REMOTE)
- Job ID 2005030064
- Date posted 09/03/2020
- Facility Tenet Executive Search
The TPR Compliance Officer has responsibility for managing the implementation of Tenet s Ethics and Compliance Program in his or her assigned markets. The TPR s Compliance Officer s general duties and responsibilities encompass implementing Tenet s systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with Federal healthcare program requirements and Tenet s Quality, Compliance and Ethics Program Charter. The TPR Compliance Officer will serve as a compliance resource to market operational leadership teams and employees.
- Advise TPR leadership on issues concerning compliance and ethics matters including recommending controls designed to ensure compliance.
- Work collaboratively with TPR market leadership to review annual business plans, Monthly Operating Report, etc. to provide compliance oversight and direction related to market initiatives.
- Establish effective working relationships and build credibility within TPR to support a culture of ethics and compliance.
- Facilitate compliance orientation for new practice acquisitions.
- Intake and coordination with Investigations Team related to investigation of compliance matters.
- Independently remediate or supervise the remediation of compliance and ethics concerns that are raised through Tenet's Ethics Action Line or other reporting mechanisms.
- Oversee the implementation of Tenet's education and training program that focuses on the requirements of Tenet's Compliance Charter and the Tenet's Ethics and Compliance Program to ensure that all employees and contractors within TPR are knowledgeable of Federal healthcare program requirements and the requirements of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance program as required to perform their respective roles.
- Prepare and deliver market specific/enterprise wide compliance focused training and education in response to identified compliance training/education needs/requests.
- Oversee market specific auditing and monitoring activities, including referral source audits, annual practice reviews/walkthroughs and other compliance auditing activities as necessary.
- Facilitate quarterly market risk calls and annual compliance risk assessments.
- Ensure awareness of compliance and ethics policies and procedures and Tenet's Standards of Conduct within the assigned markets.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance Champions to ensure markets receive timely and efficient compliance support.
- Establish and maintain a regular schedule of market visitation and feedback sessions with TPR market leadership teams within assigned markets.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Required experience includes:
- Strong preference for at least five years experience in healthcare compliance matters, preferably for a large, multi-faceted healthcare company.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of Federal healthcare programs. Other success factors include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines and detail.
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team, and is good at doing so.
- Well-developed communications and consensus building skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the status quo. A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A highly principled and sincere individual.
- Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional goals.
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input.
- One who accepts delegation and is able to make decisions.
- Coach, mentor, and supporter.
- Diligent about follow-through, thorough and well-prepared.
- Committed to the highest quality of patient care. Innovative and creative.
- Sense of humor. A good sense of humor responds to the flow of conversation in ways that are creative and entertaining, not abusive or offensive. A good sense of humor also means you can see things from different sides, from different angles, and in different ways.
A Bachelor s degree is required, and a Master s degree is preferred.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance. The performance bonus is based on the performance of Tenet as reflected in its Balanced Scorecard rather than the performance of the Hospital.
At least 25 percent travel to various practice locations within the assigned markets is anticipated.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.