Unit Secretary Cardiovascular Unit FT Days North Central Baptist Hospital San Antonio TX
- Job ID 1905031663
- Date posted 11/12/2019
- Facility North Central Baptist Hospital
Performs general clerical duties on a nursing unit by preparing, compiling, and maintaining records in a hospital nursing unit.
- Records, transmits and/or files written and verbal communications to, from, and within the nursing unit to staff, patients, and physicians.
- Transcribes physicians orders.
- Schedules and signs patients in and out for surgery, treatments, or tests as indicated.
- Orders and stores unit supplies.
- Makes necessary phone calls for special orders for doctors, patients or nurses.
- Maintains current and orderly chart files
- Assembles patients charts for transfers or discharges.
- Answers telephone or intercom.
- Records and relays messages.
- Greets, directs, and instructs visitors as necessary.
- Assist physicians in locating patients charts and appropriate primary nurse.
- Prepare routine, confidential and/or special reports, documents and records.
- Assists with patient care/quality assurance audits.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Required: Must be familiar with medical terminology, and have experience with the use of a computer.
Preferred: Previous experience as a Unit Secretary preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.