Search Open Positions
Unit Secretary Labor and Delivery Part Time Nights
Performs general clerical duties on a nursing unit by preparing, compiling, and maintaining records in a hospital nursing unit.
- Records, transmits and/or files written and verbal communications to, from, and within the nursing unit to staff, patients, and physicians.
- Transcribes physicians’ orders.
- Schedules and signs patients in and out for surgery, treatments, or tests as indicated.
- Orders and stores unit supplies.
- Makes necessary phone calls for special orders for doctors, patients or nurses.
- Maintains current and orderly chart files
- Assembles patients’ charts for transfers or discharges.
- Answers telephone or intercom.
- Records and relays messages.
- Greets, directs, and instructs visitors as necessary.
- Assist physicians in locating patients’ charts and appropriate primary nurse.
- Prepare routine, confidential and/or special reports, documents and records.
- Assists with patient care/quality assurance audits.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent
Required: Must be familiar with medical terminology, and have experience with the use of a computer.
Preferred: Previous experience as a Unit Secretary preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registered Nurse CVOR Coordinator Full Time Days Job ID: 2105003176 Date posted: 05/14/2021 Facility: North Central Baptist Hospital
- Registered Nurse Circulator Orthopedic Full Time Nights Job ID: 2105008804 Date posted: 05/06/2021 Facility: North Central Baptist Hospital
- Registered Nurse PACU Full Time Days Job ID: 2105033400 Date posted: 09/20/2021 Facility: North Central Baptist Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet