CLS Full Time Rotate
- Job ID 1905000558
- Date posted 01/09/2019
- Facility Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
About Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center is proud to have served the San Luis Obispo community since our inception in 1959. Our 164-bed facility helps us to provide acute care services to the Central Coast, giving you high-quality care close to home.
We’re happy to be able to provide the county’s only da Vinci Surgical Robot program, offering minimally invasive, highly accurate surgical procedures. Sierra Vista also offers five services that no other hospital in San Luis Obispo County does: Neurosurgery, High-risk pregnancy care, Pediatric care, Trauma care, Neonatal intensive care
Performs clinical laboratory testing in one or more of the following laboratory areas: blood bank, microbiology, serology, chemistry, hematology, or urinalysis following standardized procedures in accordance with regulatory and hospital policies and procedures. Provides work direction to CLS and non-licensed staff, maintenance of policies/procedures and quality control practices and efficient daily work flow within a designated area of the laboratory. Will float to all laboratory areas as needed.
- High School or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related degree
- Successful completion of an accredited laboratory training program
- CLS Certification
- Meets the CLIA requirements for technical Supervisor
- Must be technically knowledgeable about the testing processes done in their section and be able to incorporate new testing technology as it becomes available.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to staff working in their assigned section
- Must be able to lead process improvement activities in their section to improve effectiveness and efficiency, readily accepts change
- Good verbal and written English communication skills to communicate with physicians and staff and develop new procedures.
- Must be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.