Search Open Positions
Market Clinical Educator RN Perioperative Services $25k Welcome Incentive
**$25k Sign-On Bonus with 2+ years experience**
Full Time; Day Shifts
Tenet Health Central Coast is an integrated healthcare system consisting of two acute care hospitals and four affiliated entities, including urgent care centers, clinics and ancillary services, across the Central Coast. The hospitals are Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center, the county’s only trauma center, in San Luis Obispo, California, and Twin Cities Community Hospital in Templeton, California. Among their numerous recognitions for quality and compassion, each hospital has earned an “A” from the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade in every reporting period since it was created in 2012, both are internationally recognized Baby-Friendly birth facilities and both have earned the “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader” designation from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Tenet Health Central Coast serves many diverse communities throughout the Central Coast, enabling all that come through our doors access to quality, coordinated care and advanced specialty services at convenient locations.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Market Clinical Educator for Perioperative Services will oversee Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center and Twin Cities Community Hospital
Under the guidance of the Market Education Director, the Nursing Educator collaborates with facility/market nursing leadership and staff across departments to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel and non-nursing personnel as indicated or requested. The educator acts as a key resource in the orientation and continuing education of nursing staff at Tenet Healthcare. The Nursing Educator implements a comprehensive education program for his/her assigned units while following and contributing to Tenet educational goals and vision. Educational programs typically include, but are not limited to orientation, continuing education and in-services. Other services may include, but are not limited to process, performance and service-delivery consultation and contributions to the organization through councils, committees and workgroups.
• Supports the educational needs for assigned units/clinics including classroom, clinical experiences and learning technologies.
• Implements Tenet comprehensive education programs to meet the orientation and ongoing competency needs and professional development needs of the nursing staff, with specific focus for his/her units/clinics, which supports the Tenet model of professional nursing practice.
• Ensures all program/ course revisions meet the Department of Nursing and regulatory expectations and standards. Adheres to national education practice standards and stays abreast of current research into nursing education practice. Programs are executed and revised based on adult learning principles, organizational and learning theory consistent with Tenet endorsed philosophy and direction.
• Provides consultation to enhance continuing education, professional development opportunities and mentorship opportunities.
• Delivers/coordinates other educational programs as directed (e.g., Grand Rounds, in-services, continuing education, job-specific and specialty curricula) to support competence and professional growth of Tenet nursing staff.
• Provides leadership to preceptors and serves as a role model through educational programs and ongoing coaching and mentoring.
• Serves as a facilitator to nurse residents and actively mentors and supports their growth in the profession and clinical practice.
• Participates in continuing education provider unit learning. Evaluates nursing education activities which qualify for continuing education credit. Participates in activities to keep abreast of the changes to market/facility policies/procedures of the provider unit, and the expectations of the educator role.
• Assists in development of clinical policies and procedures as requested.
• Provides guidance, resources and knowledge for professional growth of others.
• Mentors colleagues, other nurses, students and others as appropriate.
• Participates in quality performance improvement activities.
• Performs other duties as assigned/required.
• Covers Services but not limited to:
• Sterile Processing
• Radiology/IR/Neuro IR
• Pt Transporters
• Accountable for the Projects, such as but not limited to:
• Crash Cart
• Moderate Sedition
• Ortho Program
• Malignant Hyperthermia
Bachelors Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education or related specialty
2 years nursing experience in an acute care setting preferred
Current State Licenses & Certifications (BLS, ACLS)
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Certified Nursing Assistant Float Pool Full Time Days Job ID: 2205024374 Date posted: 06/30/2022 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
- Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor Labor and Delivery Full Time Nights $25k Welcome Incentive Job ID: 2105036918 Date posted: 05/13/2022 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
- Nurse Residency Program Med Sug Full Time Nights Job ID: 2205016213 Date posted: 06/28/2022 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet