Search Open Positions
Respiratory Care Practitioner Full Time Days
*** $20k Sign On Bonus available based on experience ***
As the largest hospital in San Luis Obispo County, Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center strives to produce optimal outcomes and exceptional patient experiences to the community it serves. With 164 beds and hundreds of physicians, Sierra Vista puts advanced technology into the hands of experienced medical specialists to deliver quality healthcare to Central Coast residents and visitors. Its distinct, high-level services include neurosurgery, orthopedics, obstetrics, perinatology (high-risk pregnancy), neonatology (high-risk newborn care), pediatrics and trauma. Sierra Vista houses the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit between Santa Barbara and Salinas, the only dedicated pediatric unit in San Luis Obispo County and serves as the county’s designated trauma center. Sierra Vista is recognized as a leader in orthopedics, cancer care and is a Joint Commission accredited primary stroke center. Sierra Vista is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and has been serving the community since 1959.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Administer respiratory care to patients in an acute care setting in accordance with department policy and procedure. Provides care to all patients in the following areas (but not limited to) Critical Care areas, sub- acute areas, Peds, L/D, the outpatient departments, and the Emergency Department.
- Graduate of an approved Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Able to perform arterial puncture and arterial blood gas analyses.
- Skilled in ventilator management, NPPV, CPAP, IPPV, IPV, CPR, aerosol administration, Incentive Spirometry, oxygen administration, airway management ( includes mechanical suctioning devices ), Chest Physiotherapy, Sputum Induction, Acquiring patient EKG's, and simple spirometries.
- Orientation to care of the pediatric patient and annual competencies addressing the care of infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory Care Practitioner NICU Full Time Nights Job ID: 2105047402 Date posted: 12/15/2021 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
- Physical Therapist Part Time Days Job ID: 2105044397 Date posted: 11/17/2021 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
- Occupational Therapist Per Diem Days Job ID: 2105043916 Date posted: 11/17/2021 Facility: Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet