Hospital Chief Strategy Officer - San Ramon Regional Medical Center, San Ramon, CA
- Develops and implements strategy which leads to improvement in market share consistent with Tenet Healthcare’s mission and core values.
- Uses data to analyze market dynamics, trends and competition and implements strategies to meet market demand.
- Assesses market development strategy and industry trends as appropriate, leading to the generation of innovative ideas to improve current business plan and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrates exceptional financial management and analytical skills while leading the annual business planning process and preparing forecasts.
- Effectively advises CEO in the development and execution of short- and long-term strategies.
- Establishes and influences others to achieve goals, targets and metrics consistent with strategic and operational objectives.
- Demonstrates excellent formal presentation and interpersonal communication skills that result in understanding of, and commitment to, strategic initiatives.
- Leads senior executive team in advancing the facility’s short- and long-term strategic plans.
- Identifies, evaluates, and gains consensus for development of new or expansion of current inpatient and/or outpatient services and programs based on lack of current supply, quality, growth and/or service in the market.
- Works in collaboration with hospital/department leaders to develop strategic service lines ensuring physician engagement to achieve desired results in quality, service, operations and financial metrics.
- Understands all operational components necessary to implement a new or expand a current service line, including but not limited to capital, equipment, people, education, quality metrics and costs.
- Monitors, understands and assesses service line performance by key performance indicators (volume, outcomes, market shares, etc.).
- Gathers competitive intelligence from the community on service line opportunities.
- Leads discussions with physicians, community-based facilities, local payers, providers and employers to gain information related to collaboration and support for strategic initiatives and service line development/enhancement to meet the needs of the community served.
- Work in collaboration with other Tenet and Tenet JV facilities (hospitals and USPI locations) to develop network opportunities and service line enhancements.
- Builds targeted performance objectives for Provider Outreach team which identifies opportunities for greater collaboration to achieve common goals of better serving our shared patients.
- Supports Provider Outreach Program priorities, identifies outreach partners across the care continuum, and develops strategies and metrics while monitoring progress to plan .
- Ensures community, physician and longitudinal care partners, awareness of new initiatives and identification and remediation of service issues that may impact program development.
- Plans, organizes and directs strategies that develop physician relationships and physician manpower plans consistent with facility service line plans and community need.
- Works in collaboration with physician recruiters to fulfill community need in a manner consistent with service line requirements.
- Maintains high visibility among physician community and earns a reputation for effectively listening and leading facility change efforts that build physician loyalty and enhance the patient experience.
- Studies internal and external data trends to realize opportunities to better serve the community.
- Identifies and vets new business opportunities based on research and analysis.
- Monitors internal data to understand the driving forces of business variables, and then implements corrective action when/where appropriate.
- Understands and demonstrates competency utilizing all data available.
- Executes effective marketing plans that differentiate services based on quality, service, and/or outcomes and have measurable positive ROI.
- Leads efforts that provide consumer education around care options and collectively enhance patient experience.
- Serves on the patient advisory, physician leadership group and patient satisfaction committees.
- Leads an effective consumer engagement strategy, within budgeted guidelines, that creates differentiation and awareness in the facility’s market.
- A minimum of five years of experience in Strategic Planning and Healthcare Strategy/Development is required. Experience developing complex business plans and using data to drive strategy is a must.
- Knowledge of healthcare organization and administration and of standards and laws applicable to managing strategy and planning issues with facility operations.
- Knowledge of health care, strategic and financial planning.
- Proven financial management skills, capable of reaching closure and timely accomplishment of objectives with a focus on P & L.
- Knowledge of principles of interactive planning, participatory management and influence management.
- Skilled at executing strategy and problem solving; asks the right questions, follows up and determines the facts, setting priorities based on business opportunity. Skilled at spotting trends and developments. Able to direct the development of business plans and proformas.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities