Patient Service Representative - N. Scottsdale - Abrazo Medical Group - 500.00 Sign on Bonus
- Job ID 1805026379
- Date posted 07/11/2018
- Facility Staff Abrazo Medical Group
Patient Service Representative - N. Scottsdale - Abrazo Medical Group
Address: 21803 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale AZ
Abrazo Medical Group (AMG) is a rapidly growing organization that focuses on creating happier, healthier communities. You can become a member of an exciting care team that includes board certified Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants Certified Medical Assistants and Nurses. Our care teams are progressive and caring, and put patients first! AMG is seeking highly qualified and motivated individuals to join our growing family. We provide all of our team members with the resources, tools and support, to serve our patients in the best way possible way. AMG has offices throughout the greater Scottsdale and Phoenix area. Join our team of compassionate healthcare professionals today!
Patient Service Representative
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Greeting patients entering the physician practice.
- Answering office phones, making appointments, confirming appointments and rescheduling when necessary.
- Checks in patients and collects accurate patient demographics, enters data into electronic system and verifies insurance.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Collects co-pays and posts charges.
- Charge entry and patient balance processing.
- Distributes information to patients regarding office policies, procedures, information about the practice, etc.
- Explain and enroll patients in the patient portal.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
Education: High school diploma/GED required with completion medical office assistant program preferred.
Certification: Prefer healthcare management/administration certification.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in a medical office setting
- Knowledge of third party payers regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of insurance verification process
- Understanding of documentation required for physician appointments.
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Systems
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and ICD – 10 CPT codes
Knowledge of the policies and procedures
Full Company Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.