Search Open Positions
Per- Diem Registration Representative PNW Therapy - Silverdale, WA
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include: but not limited to performing administrative duties, scheduling, registration, reception and patient check out functions. Must obtain complete and accurate patient demographic information. Registration Representatives also must employ proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Administrative duties, to include but not limited to, schedule management, including calendars and schedules for providers at various facilities. Takes meeting notes, minutes and follow up action items. Completes data entry assignments along with creating various reports for departments and management.
- Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, completes full patient registration on date of service, adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.). Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services. Schedules diagnostic procedures (enters data in scheduling system, provide customer with appointment instructions, other tasks as needed).
- Educates patients about patient financial liabilities, employs proper, compliant patient liability collection techniques before, during & after date of service, performs Hospital cash reconciliation & secured payment entry in adherence to financial & cash control policies & procedures.
- Secures medical necessity checks/verification in accordance to Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services, verifies insurance, benefits, coverage & eligibility, completes assigned registration financial clearance work lists activities, obtains insurance authorizations for scheduled & unscheduled Hospital services, and secures inpatient visit notification to payors. Performs scheduling, checks out patients and coordinates after care for patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
- Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
- Customer service skills and experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
- Course in Medical Terminology required
- Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
- Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
- Must be able to perform essential job duties in a Patient Access service area.
- Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
- Must be able to appropriately interpret physician orders, medical terminology and insurance cards while maintaining Conifer Standards of Care.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
- 0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
- Some college coursework is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
- Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility problems.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Registration Representative St. Michael - Silverdale, WA Job ID: 2105019727 Date posted: 08/19/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Per Diem Patient Access Representative III at PNW Therapy - Silverdale, WA Job ID: 2105025720 Date posted: 08/19/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Patient Access Representative II St. Michael - Silverdale, WA- Per Diem Job ID: 2105022854 Date posted: 08/19/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet