Lead Billing Specialist DMC Medical Group
- Job ID 2105005512
- Date posted 02/22/2021
- Facility DMC Medical Group
Support billing and collections functions of the medical practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Enter charges in a timely manner
- File claims and run/work audit trails daily
- Process ERAs, payments, and adjustments
- Balance daily activity- Prepare and send Batch Cover Sheet to Director and accounting
- Ensure that front office staff properly collects copays and balances due at time of service by auditing patient financial data up to 2 days before visit
Required: High school diploma/GED required with completion billing or coding program preferred.
Required: Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working in medical billing
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.