Patient Service Center Rep / St Petersburg FL / Full Time
- Job ID 1905011028
- Date posted 10/02/2019
- Facility Conifer Health Solutions
The Patient Service Center Representative I is responsible for creating a positive patient experience by accurately and efficiently handling the day to day operations relating to a patient s anticipated appointment. The PSC REP I may be assigned to either the financial clearance function or the scheduling function and is expected to maintain positive customer service at all times. Upon occasion, the PSC Rep I may perform both financial clearance and scheduling duties but with limited scope. The individual is expected to develop a thorough understanding of assigned function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Collect and verify required patient demographic and financial data elements and creating a complete pre-registered account for a scheduled visit
- Completes the pre-certification process by obtaining authorization from insurer and/or healthcare facility, verify patient insurance and confirm benefits eligibility
- Assist other team members where necessary
- Adheres to department policies and procedures related to verification of eligibility/benefits, pre-authorization requirements, available payment options, financial counseling and other identified financial clearance related duties
- PSC Rep I would be assigned to easier, less complex scheduling
- Responsible for accurate and timely scheduling for outpatient appointments
- Provide callers with information related to their appointments (i.e., prep information for test, directions, cancelling/rescheduling of tests, order management etc.) and any other question the callers might ask.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a production driven call-center environment
- Familiarity with working with dual computer monitors (may be required to use dual monitors)
- Must have basic typing ability
- Must have working knowledge of Windows based computer environment
- Must be able to multi task in a high volume center
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- Required: High school diploma or GED
- Preferred: Two years of college (two years in a professional, customer service-driven environment may substitute for two years of college)
- Preferred: Telephone/call center experience
- Preferred: Pre-registration and/or scheduling experience
- Preferred: 1-2 years of customer service experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment