This position will float between the Stuart and West Palm Beach offices.
The Medical Office Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients, answering phones and scheduling appointments. The collection of accurate patient demographics, insurance verification, referral processing, and various other areas of data entry. Coordinates the daily operations of the physician office, including the medical records process, patient and physician scheduling, overseeing the front desk, confirming appointments, and ordering office supplies. Will be responsible for charge entry and patient balance processing and the daily reconciliation of charges and payments.
- Greeting patients, answering phones and scheduling appointments
- Collection of accurate patient demographics
- Answers telephones in a prompt and courteous manner
- Insurance verification
- Referral processing
- Will be responsible for charge entry and patient balance processing and the daily reconciliation of charges and payments
- Displays concern and provides assistance or explains procedures as appropriate to callers or in face-to-face situations
- Ensures that all contacts with patients, the public, physicians and other personnel are carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner
- Manage, copy, and review medical records to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates the daily operations of the physician office, including the medical records process, patient and physician scheduling, overseeing the front desk, confirming appointments, and ordering office supplies
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory
responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work.
Required: High school diploma/GED.
Preferred: Completion medical office assistant program
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a Physician Practice/Medical field preferred.
- Healthcare background is strongly desirable
- EMR/EHR experience preferred, NextGen or Athena experience preferred
- Proficiency in a windows environment with a working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and the Internet is required
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrix environment
Preferred: Healthcare management/administration certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities