Certified Surgical Tech Fulltime Days
10K SIGN ON BONUS!!!
Assists surgeon during operative and invasive procedures. Ensures operating suite is adequately prepared for procedure. Monitors par level of all surgical instruments and supplies. Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments. Participates in departmental staff meetings and performance improvement activities. Clients served are predominately adults eighteen (18) year of age and older. Occasionally, adolescence pediatrics and infants are seen.
- Creates and maintains a sterile field, adhering to the principles of Sterile technique, monitors /corrects breaks in technique.
- Performs sponge, sharp and instrument counts in accordance to policy, initiates corrective actions when count is incorrect.
- Selects appropriate instruments, supplies, and equipment based on procedure to be performed.
- Anticipates the needs of the surgeon during the procedure by passing instruments or retracting as needed
- Properly assembles instruments and equipment according to policies and procedures when providing direct/indirect patient care.
- Establishes and maintains open communication with physician & physician’s assistant.
- Properly Identifies/handles/ labels cultures and specimens.
- Communicates pertinent information within appropriate time span to healthcare team.
- Responsible for maintaining instruments and equipment and reporting when malfunctioning is noted.
- Properly labels drugs/solutions, keeps track of amounts used and reports to RN circulator at end of case.
- Notifying RN Circulating Nurse or Charge Nurse of information received from physician and patient.
- Assists with training of new surgical staff.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Assist with Quality Assurance program, pertinent to Surgical Services Department.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department, participates in regular call rotation.
- Adheres to the Principles of Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and is responsible for information presented.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting, the National Center for Competency Testing, or an appropriate program for surgical technology through the United States Military. High School graduate or completion of G. E. D.
- AHA BLS Certification
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in the OR in the scrub tech role.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages desirable.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities