Echo Technologist PRN Rotate
Uses ultrasound to visualize internal cardiac structures, obtain measurements of cardiac valves, ventricle and left atrium and visualize blood flow. Assists the physician with complex ultrasound procedures. Clients served are predominately adults and geriatrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to perform echocardiograms per procedure.
- Ability to expand scope of examination according to any abnormalities observed.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Obtains patient identification information into the echocardiogram computer.
- Obtains patient clinical information from the patient, chart and physician.
- Selects the appropriate transducer and settings for the machine for optimal visuals.
- Able to position patient to optimally visualize cardiac structures.
- Ability to assist the physician with transesophageal echocardiography, stress echo's and intravascular ultrasound.
- Maintains records of all procedures performed, sends reports to requesting physicians and archives the tape and text of patient examinations.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Inspects ultrasound equipment daily to ensure it is operating effectively. Reports any malfunctions.
- Performs ultrasound phantom imaging on all echo equipment on a monthly basis to ensure the equipment is accurately calibrated.
- Exam rooms and equipment are cleaned between patients and at the end of the day.
- Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental forms and log books.
- Attends educational inservice programs to maintain competency. Attends hospital inservice programs and training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions, unless in school).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Graduate of accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography School
- ARDCS or CCI certification preferred.
- Current AHA BLS certification.
- One to two years of ultrasound experience in echocardiography required.
- Ability to communicate in English; both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy and physiology.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities