Employee Health RN Fulltime Days
Prepares and maintains the Employee Injury report and submits quarterly reports to the Environment of Care committee. Works in collaboration with the Human Resources Department to prepare and maintain the OSHA form 300 Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, as well as, OSHA form 300A Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses. Maintain employee health files. Maintains OSHA log as required by law. Triages employee after a work related injury. Maintains employee/contractors immunizations, fit testing and annual health update data within the databases and platforms provided by the organization. Will assist the Clinical Quality Improvement Director with other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Assess each employee’s/ volunteers immune status. Offer vaccines to include Flu, Hepatitis B, MMR, Varicella, T-Dap Meningococcus and Typhoid would also need to be provided to appropriate microbiologists if they deal with those specimens.
- Administer and read TST skin test. Evaluate need for CXR for old and + TST’s. Report new PPD conversions to Infection Control. This would also include QFG (TB Blood Test).
- Track all blood/body fluids exposures. Report trends to EOC Committee.
- Monitor employee incidents for injury, monitor progress after injury and provide opportunities for WIM Program assignments. Report trends to EOC Committee.
- Maintain employee health files in an organized manner by imputing data into the appropriate database and platforms.
- Maintain required documentation, including OSHA log, Epinet records and EIR reports
- Assist in developing and implementing physician approved protocols for incidences that require ED involvement. Provide referrals as needed during hours of operation to the ED dept. for first aid treatment
- Actively participates in the EOC and Nurse Practice Council Committee.
- Acts in a coordinator role in monitoring Employee Health and Infection Control issues
- Ensures that Employee Health Services comply with TJC, OSHA /and other applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Utilizes leadership skills to direct and delegate appropriately
- Utilizes professional communication.
- Communicates regularly with Director.
- Participates in problem solving and resolution, including service recovery.
- Works collaboratively within all departments to insure optimum results.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with Physicians.
- Follows all guidelines within the hospital and pertaining to all units.
- Participates in QA/CQI.
- Develops and reviews policy and procedures.
- Assists with and develops/provides educational support for staff.
- Communicates regularly with staff regarding Quality/Employee Health/Infection Control issues.
- Reviews and provides follow up on occurrence reports as assigned.
- Models and encourages proper time management.
- Models and encourages proper use of supplies and resources.
- Participates in process improvement to decrease department and hospital costs.
- Participates in reviewing/purchasing new supplies and equipment.
- Up to date on all mandatory requirements.
- Provide education to staff on topics to include: vaccines, post exposure prophylaxis, back safety, body mechanics, work area safety, sharps safety and availability of PPE.
- Assists in developing educational/wellness offerings for staff.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and JCAHO regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends annual review and performs departmental in-services.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Attends committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate.
- Resolves personnel concerns at the departmental level, utilizing the grievance process as required.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control.
- Effectively and consistently communicates administrative directive to personnel and encourages interactive departmental meetings and discussions.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred.
- Experience: At least two (2) years of job related experience. Clinical nursing experience in an acute care or office setting is required. Prefer experience in Employee Health.
- Professional Requirement: Texas RN licensure required.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Individuals must possess the ability to:
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Provide care utilizing the nursing process.
- Communicate effectively.
- Operate computer applications.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodation will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities