Endoscopy Registered Nurse Fulltime Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Provides direct patient care to pediatric through geriatric patient populations. Is responsible for monitoring patients’ physiological status for procedures scheduled in the Endoscopy Department. Addresses the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care of patients in this area. Assists with maintenance of Endoscopy equipment and inventory. Communicates with patient’s physician and/or anesthesiologist as needed regarding patient’s condition; receives direction for patient care management. Intercedes appropriately to maintain optimum homeostasis. Clients served are predominately adults eighteen (18) year of age and older. Occasionally, adolescent pediatrics and infants are seen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Thorough assessment of the patient; making the correct nursing diagnosis; individualizing the plan of care to the patient care needs; and changing the plan of care as the patient’s needs change.
- Performing all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of health care errors.
- Ability to assist physicians with procedures scheduled in the Endoscopy Department, including the administration of moderate sedation, under the direction of the physician.
- A knowledge of medications and IV fluids and their correct administration, based on the age of the patient, weight, clinical condition, and other appropriate factors.
- Ability to operate and trouble-shoot equipment, including cleaning and processing of scopes.
- Assists with orienting new staff to department.
- The ability to make sound clinical decisions reflecting knowledge of facts, knowledge of diseases/conditions, and the appropriate care required.
- Ability to be flexible and organized and to function under stressful situations.
- Utilizing initiative; striving to maintain a steady level of productivity; self-motivated.
- Willingly comes in early and stays over as patient need arises.
- Taking assigned share of call; volunteering for extra call when the need arises.
- Turns over rooms in a timely fashion.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas.
- Current BCLS Certification, Current ACLS Certification, effective 1/23/2018 – Current PALS Certification. Existing staff must obtain the certification no later than April 30, 2018.
- Basic EKG or Arrhythmia-Identification Certificate.
- At least 1 years of experience in nursing.
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.