ER LVN Fulltime Days
Performs selected patient care duties. Practices as a Licensed Practical Nurse within the guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act and follows specific instructions established policies, procedures and regulations. Performs these duties in areas such as Emergency, General Nursing etc., as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Provides nursing care using the nursing process under the direction of the Registered Nurse; fulfills role within defined role expectation of Board of Nursing and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Reports pertinent patient information to Nurse(s) and documents according to established guidelines
- Implements plan of care by providing and evaluating individualized nursing care. Documents all plans and care provided
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse.
- Prioritizes and sequences work activities and delivery of nursing care to patients that ensures the patient’s comfort, safety and progress toward established goals
- Provides for the physical comfort and safety of patients, visitors, and members of the health care team including infection control and handling of hazardous materials
- Calculates accurately and administers safely medication within scope of practice
- Manages patient hand-offs at shift change and between department and facilities; utilizes documentation tools for hand-offs as required
- Maintains and promotes professional standards and development by participating in in-services’ committees and, staff meetings.
- Accountable that patient care meets standards of safety, effectiveness, patient rights and guest relations.
- Facilitates patient movement within the department and through the facility, proactively supporting timely admissions, discharges and transfers
- Provides education and facilitates learning for patients, families, and patient care team in a way that demonstrates a sensitivity to recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences related to diversity
- Collaborates with physicians, Registered Nurses, families and other healthcare professionals to assist in developing and implementing an appropriate plan of care in a way that promotes/encourages each person's contributions towards achieving the best patient outcomes.
- Advocates for the patient, represents the concerns of the patient/family and identifies and assists in resolving ethical and clinical concerns
- Accurately & thoroughly document all patient encounters.
- Ensure that Patient Health Information (PHI) is protected and secured at all times.
- Adhere to all infection prevention initiatives (i.e., hand hygiene, proper disposal of waste, proper Personal Protective Equipment use, etc.)
- Deliver competent and skilled care to patients and families according to their identified needs.
- Will deliver care with a team-orientation, an emphasis on good customer relations, sound clinical judgement and appropriate decision-making abilities that take into consideration evidence based practice
- Continuously inquire about the condition of the patient through the ongoing process of questioning and evaluating the situation and implements treatment changes, if necessary, through collaboration with the health care team, inclusive of the patient and family.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions. Serves as a role model for compassionate care and service excellence and commits to Studer/ Behavioral Expectations.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Requires a minimum of a High School Diploma/GED
- Required: Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Current State of Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse license.
- Basic EKG course within one year of hire
- Current AHA BLS Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities