GRADUATE NURSE FULLTIME DAYS & NIGHTS
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
Independently performs the functions of a registered nurse in direct patient care. Utilizes the nursing process in the delivery of developmentally appropriate care. Also works in collaboration with other health care professionals to provide a comprehensive plan of care to meet the patient/family needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- Oversees care delivered by patient care team; coordinates plan of care
- Accountable that patient care meets standards of safety, effectiveness, patient rights and guest relations.
- Responsible and accountable for prescribing, delegating and coordinating patient care. Uses clinical judgment based on nursing skills acquired through formal and informal experiential knowledge and evidence based guidelines to globally assess the patient's situation and through critical thinking and clinical decision making, develop an appropriate plan of care for the patient, with the aim of promoting comfort.
- Provides education and facilitates learning for patients, families, and patient care team in a way that demonstrates a sensitivity to recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences related to diversity
- Collaborates with physicians, families and other healthcare professionals to assist in developing and implementing an appropriate plan of care in a way that promotes/encourages each person's contributions towards achieving the best patient outcomes.
- Advocates for the patient, represents the concerns of the patient/family and identifies and assists in resolving ethical and clinical concerns
- Accurately & thoroughly document all patient encounters.
- Ensure that Patient Health Information (PHI) is protected and secured at all times.
- Adhere to all infection prevention initiatives (i.e., hand hygiene, proper disposal of waste, etc.)
- Deliver competent and skilled care to patients and families according to their identified needs.
- Will deliver care with a team-orientation, an emphasis on good customer relations, sound clinical judgement and appropriate decision-making abilities that take into consideration evidence based practice
- Continuously inquire about the condition of the patient through the ongoing process of questioning and evaluating the situation and implements treatment changes, if necessary, through collaboration with the health care team, inclusive of the patient and family.
- Maintains a body of knowledge and tools that allow the nurse to manage whatever environmental and system resources exist for the patient/family, within or across healthcare and non-healthcare systems.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse license.
- Basic EKG course within one year of hire
- Current AHA BLS Certification.
- Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Master’s degree)
1Benefits may vary slightly by location and role. Please ask your recruiter for more details.