Monitor Tech Fulltime Nights
Provides indirect care in the department setting. Monitors cardiac rhythms via direct cardiac screen or telemetry monitors. Meets communication needs of the department. Transcribes physician orders from records with notation and signatures by nursing staff. Prepares and compiles records in the department. Maintains regulatory body requirements, policies and procedures and participates in performance improvement activities. Clients served are predominately adults eighteen (18) year of age and older. Occasionally adolescents, pediatrics and infants are seen.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions
- Approaches family and visitors in a kind and professional manner.
- Gives explanations and verbal reassurances consistently to family and visitors.
- Interacts professionally with co-workers and other healthcare providers.
- Fosters communication between multiple disciplines on the behalf of the patient.
- Participates in informal conferences involving the care of patients.
- Answers the telephone and intercom in a timely and polite manner.
- Communicates ideas for improvement to the unit manager/charge nurse.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the unit as a whole.
- Reflects knowledge and judgment in decisions and actions within the job description of the monitor technician.
- Is aware of patient condition and whereabouts when patient is out of the unit.
- Communicates information about dysrhythmias to the charge nurse and primary care nurse.
- Demonstrates competency in interpreting dysrhythmias.
- Orders supplies and stocks as required.
- Assists in recording information for performance improvement activities.
- Runs and posts rhythm strips at the specified times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer system.
- Accepts additional assignments willingly.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Monitor tech certificate.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Word processing.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities