PARAMEDIC PRN NIGHTS
Assists with patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Clients served are predominately adults and geriatrics, but adolescents/pediatrics and neonate/infants will occasionally be treated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Provides supportive care to the Emergency Department patients under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse or physician. Performs approved procedures per policy.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a multidisciplinary team member; supports and assists team members in all activities.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all coworkers, patients, visitors and physicians.
- Recognizes and reports appropriate data to the Registered Nurse.
- Assists Registered Nurse and physicians with assessments, examinations and treatment.
- Performs and assists with technical skills as defined in scope of practice, including intravenous line insertion and venipuncture.
- Assists Registered Nurse with performing laboratory studies per point of care blood analyzer.
- Performs other duties as in-serviced, including crutch walking, dressing changes and assisting physician with splint or cast application.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Adheres to Hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Assists patients from vehicle into wheelchair or onto gurney, as need dictates.
- Responds to patient and visitor questions and needs immediately and within established standards.
- Maintains patient comfort and privacy.
- Documents patient care performed, including vital signs, bedside care and observations.
- Maintains and prepares rooms between patients and procedures.
- Assists with preparation of equipment for procedures.
- Monitors stock and restocks supplies as needed.
- Transports patients and supplies.
- Maintains policies and procedures established by the department.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-services meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for ongoing education.
- Assists in cost containment through the appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions, unless in school).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Completion of paramedic training program.
- Current Paramedic Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Medical terminology.
- Required: Current licensed as EMT-P. BLS. ACLS. PALS within 6 months of hire
- Preferred: Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Basic and Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient in interpreting EKG
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities