Radiology Technologist Fulltime NIghts
Job ID: 2305025905-0
Date posted: 05/21/2023
Facility: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Sunnyvale
Job Summary: Performs a variety of imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities. Clients served are predominately adults and geriatrics, but adolescents/pediatrics and neonate/infants will occasionally be treated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Job Duties
- Produces high quality diagnostic radiographs, rotates through advanced areas of diagnostic radiology to include OR, Urography, open reductions, myelography, arthrography, placements and trauma
- Assists practitioner with fluoroscopy, arthrography, OR procedures and trauma
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment and films.
- Instructs and prepares patients for radiographic and/or fluoroscopic examinations.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures such as: intravenous pyelograms, intravenous cholangiograms, bronchograms, mammograms, hysterosalpingograms, tomograms, cholangiography, arthrograms, myelograms and hip pinnings in surgery.
- Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiograms for a variety of examinations.
- Processes x-ray film, if a darkroom technician is not available.
- Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
- Assists in maintaining files.
- Assists in training of students and ancillary personnel.
- Takes x-ray, CT, U/S and Angio calls according to monthly schedule after the closing of the regular department hours
- Interacts professionally with patient/family.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses’ stations.
- Is acquainted with local fire and safety regulations.
- Has knowledge of hospital policies and the functions of the other departments.
- Compiles and maintains quality assurance information for mammography, in accordance with and ACR, State of Texas Department of Health Standards, the FDA and the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Required: Graduate of accredited Imaging Program
- Preferred: Associates degree
- ARRT or registry eligible;
- Must have ARRT within one year post graduation;
- BLS through AHA
- State license if required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program.
Follow the link below for additional information.
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet?
We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s
lives, from patients to...
Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying
for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a
great experience, a...
Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits
package for full-time and part-time employees who work more
than 24 hours a week. In...
Learn more about our benefits