RN FIRST ASSISTANT - SURGERY - FT - DAYS
- Job ID 1905042364
- Date posted 10/24/2019
- Facility Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Sunnyvale
Registered nurses practicing as first assistants in surgery are functioning in an expanded perioperative nursing role.
First assisting behaviors include certain delegated medical functions that can be assumed by the RN who is qualified to practice as an RNFA.
Registered nurse first assistant behaviors in the perioperative arena include, but are not limited to:
- Preoperative patient management in collaboration with other health care providers.
- Intraoperative performance of surgical first assistant techniques.
- Postoperative patient management in collaboration with other health care providers in the immediate postoperative period and beyond.
- Functions intraoperatively as a first assistant at surgery only and not concurrently as a scrub person or circulator.
Required: Diploma or ADN required. Successful completion of an RNFA program that meets the AORN standards for RN first assistant education programs.
Required: 1 year assisting experience
Preferred: 3 years circulating experience
Required: RN, BLS, ACLS, PALS and CNOR. Must have CRNFA credential
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.