Ultrasound Tech PRN Rotating
Performs two dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for the diagnosis of disease and study of the malfunction of organs. Participates in CQI activities. Clients served are predominately adults and geriatrics, but adolescents/pediatrics and neonate/infants will occasionally be treated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Duties
- Selects appropriate equipment for use in ultrasound setup, following exam specifications.
- Explains the test to the patient. Instructs and assists the patient in assuming the physical position for examination.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure - makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Selects a transducer and adjusts the equipment controls according to the organ to be examined, the depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Enters test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of the body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout or film.
- Obtains permanent record of internal examination by photographing images of organs shown on the display module or removing the strip printout.
- Performs all quality control checks, as prescribed.
- Maintains accurate QC logs, service records, etc.
- Understands and practices proper use of all equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instruction.
- Takes departmental call according to monthly schedule.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Adheres to scheduling requests of the department (Works weekends, no “special days off”, no exceptions).
- Adheres to the Customer Service Standards of Texas Regional Medical Center while representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department and complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Utilizes computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes annual education requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears identification while on duty.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion and has not missed any mandatory in-services.
- Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, is responsible for information presented at monthly staff meetings that he/she is unable to attend.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- RDMS required.
- A vascular registry is required. Must be one of the following RVT, RCVT, RVS
- OB/GYN/General experience preferred.
- One year of Ultrasound experience preferred.
- Current AHA BLS certification.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities