Corporate Coding Coordinator (Remote)
- Job ID 2105011560
- Date posted 04/01/2021
- Facility Corporate
Under general supervision and with aid of Official Coding Guidelines, the Corporate Coding Coordinator codes diagnoses and procedures of inpatient accounts according to ICD-10-CM/PCS. The Corporate Coding Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Corporate Coding Manager with second level coding reviews and educates coders on correct coding. Assists the coding department with coding questions, reviews, or inquiries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs second level coder reviews on accounts that are sent back from Revint, Iodine, coding audits, and coding/billing editor.
- Provides coders with education and guidance on correct coding based on second level reviews.
- Assists coding manager and coding department with coder questions, coding reviews, and coding inquiries. Codes inpatient accounts when coverage is needed.
- Monitors and assists coding manager with DNFC management to goals.
- Attends Tenet coding educations and maintains coding credentials.
- 3-5 years acute hospital coding experience
- Skilled and working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Ability to analyze coding related reports and take action
- Associates Degree in Health Information Management
- RHIT or CCS certification
- 5 plus years’ experience in a large, complex, multi-system acute care hospital organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
- RHIA and CCS certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.