Senior Application Analyst
Under general supervision of the Director of Hospital IS Applications, the Senior Application Analyst will be considered a key Information Services leader, focused on application service delivery. This person will advise or participate in system-wide projects and reported issues as well as create and foster strong working relationships among teammates. ?The application analyst will provide oversight of the development, delivery, and support of technology solutions to achieve optimal patient safety, financial, and workflow efficiencies. This is a role responsible for vendor management, as well as management of hospital-based applications, solutions, and processes.??
The Senior Application Analyst will manage the administration and maintenance of assigned information systems, function(s), and/or resources. Major responsibilities include assignments for installations, conversions and upgrades, and the resolution of customer concerns raised during installation, operation, maintenance, or production application.?
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage daily operation activities associated with hospital application software (job monitoring, troubleshooting and issue resolution).
- Respond to user requests
- Create, update, test, and implement
sapplication dictionary/table maintenance
- Assist with facilitating user group sessions to identify and solve problems
- Communicates with vendors and other support services to install/support systems
- Maintains, checks, tests, troubleshoots, and updates all data interfaces and other system inputs/outputs.
- Provides continual education on systems and applications to facility employees and physicians.
- Serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and vendors to align clinical and IT standards with department workflow, processes, and policies.
- Participation in an on-call rotation
- The ability to communicate effectively with vendors and hospital personnel on all levels is required.
- Other duties as assigned
Candidates for this role should have a passion for providing excellent customer service and the ability to promote innovation within the organization. Strong organizational skills, decisive judgement, and the ability to establish predictable outcomes for our customers is a must. Robust knowledge of computer applications and systems, as well as interpersonal and organizational?problem-solving?skills will be essential to perform this role.?Teamwork, the ability to self-start, and?excellent written and verbal?communication skills will be mandatory for this role.?
- Minimum 4
-years’ experience supporting locally hosted and web-based applications
- Highly organized with the ability to plan and execute small-to-large projects required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to solve business/technology problems
- Understanding of software architecture (i.e., components, relationships, constraints)
- Excellent problem diagnosis skills (i.e., discovery, replication, troubleshooting, resolution, verification, communication and/or escalation)
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and meet assigned deadlines within a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of company products, procedures, applications, etc.
- Ability to work directly with customers, vendor technology teams, internal teams, and business partners to resolve issues
- A bachelor’s degree?is preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare or related field
- Normal sedentary office environment
- Work requires frequent mental/visual effort and operating a PC
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the job.
Tenet Healthcare/USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities