Search Open Positions
AR Physician Services Representative II
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
The primary purpose of the REP, PHYS SVC AR II team is to pursue reimbursement of services rendered and achieve accounts receivable resolution. This team works through open accounts receivables (denials and delinquent accounts) by actively calling payer organizations or utilizing web-based connectivity. Team members manage accounts by utilizing the IDX Paperless Collection System and Epic follow-up work queues.
The core responsibilities of a REP, PHYS SVC AR II is to perform collection follow-up steps with insurance carriers and/or patients regarding open accounts receivable and/or delinquent accounts to result in maximum cash collections for our clients. Specific tasks include resolving insurance carrier denials, appealing claims, contacting carriers on open accounts and responding to insurance carrier correspondence and/or inquiries. This position holds additional duties with respect to research and possible exposure to multiple practice management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contact insurance carriers through website, email or telephone to resolve outstanding accounts
- Analyze and resolve moderately complex insurance denials
- Appeal and/or resubmit unresolved invoices to insurance carriers
- Research and respond to insurance correspondence
- Update registration information, post denial codes and adjustments in practice management systems
- Research and obtain required documents to resolve misdirected payment issues
- May provide internal coverage for Customer Service calls
- Others may be assigned.
Conifer requires its candidates and contractors, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience in healthcare collections and/or healthcare related field
- Previous experience with medical billing systems preferred: IDX or Epic experience a plus
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9 and HCPCS codes
- Understanding of government payers and other commercial/managed care carrier rules and processes in a professional billing environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to identify/resolve problems and document the outcome
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills to recognize trends
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Moderate skill with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Initiative to learn new tasks and the ability to apply acquired knowledge to future duties
- Builds Team Relationships - Invites others to share opinions. Partners with employees in other departments. Actively seeks ways to help team members.
- Communicates Effectively – Expresses ideas clearly and succinctly with small or large audiences. Listens attentively to speaker’s message without interruption. Tailors writing to audience using correct grammar and spelling.
- Compliance with Laws, Policies and Procedures - Adheres to company handbook and policies. Demonstrates behavior consistent with Code of Conduct. Adheres to compliance program and guidelines.
- Develops Self - Seeks opportunities for continuous learning. Modifies behavior in response to feedback. Knows personal strengths and weaknesses and demonstrates ownership for personal development.
- Displays Adaptability – Performs well in high pressure or stressful situations. Works effectively when direction is unclear or rapidly changing. Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Drives for Results - Delivers high quality work and attains results. Demonstrates personal drive and pushes self and others for results and quality work. Response appropriately to urgent situations.
- Focus on the Customer/Client – Ensures that clients have a positive experience. Responds to clients in a timely manner. Demonstrates tact and empathy when responding to clients.
- Respects Others - Displays sensitivity to the needs and concerns of others. Interacts with others in an open, non-threatening manner.
- Shows Reliability – Takes personal responsibility for actions and decisions. Consistently works assigned schedule. Acts responsibly and can be counted on to accomplish goals successfully.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Physician Services AR Representative II - Tinley Park Job ID: 2105035580 Date posted: 09/17/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Physician Services AR Representative II Job ID: 2105029745 Date posted: 08/05/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
- Physician Services Manager Job ID: 2105033564 Date posted: 09/03/2021 Facility: Conifer Health Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet