Search Open Positions
Department Secretary Same Day Surgery Per Diem Days
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick, and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Centerhas been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
SCHEDULE: Per Diem, Days
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides secretarial and clerical services to managers and staff of assigned department / unit. Prepares correspondence, types, receives, and directs patients and visitors, maintains, and updates department records, and gathers data and prepares a variety of reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transcribes written or dictated materials, types correspondence, memos, purchase orders, forms tables, charts, work schedules, and records.
- Maintains and updates records.
- Receives and directs patients and visitors.
- Answer’s telephone and assists caller appropriately.
Maintains departmental and/or supervisor's schedule.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments, including patient visits, and advises staff or supervisor of change.
- Plans for meetings: reserves space, arranges for equipment and refreshments. Coordinate’s scheduling of meetings and confirms attendance.
- Prepares and distributes materials needed for meeting.
- Attends, takes and transcribes minutes.
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information and communications for the department.
Request’s office supplies and small equipment repair and maintenance services.
- Ensures adequate supplies in office.
- Operates office equipment.
Compiles or assists with compilation of data for regular or special reports
- Performs specific function unique to the individual department or unit. Procedures.
- In the absence of the manager, is responsible for the daily schedule and workflow.
Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check
and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Level of knowledge ordinarily acquired through completion of an associate degree in secretarial science.
- Working knowledge of computers required.
- Medical terminology required for clinical areas.
- Responsible, organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Self-motivated in a team and individual environment.
- Comfortable in a high volume, fast pace office.
- Must have proficient typing and computer skills, such as in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, and graphic skills a plus.
- Excellent oral, written communications and customer service skills.
- One year of secretarial experience required.
Secretarial, answer phones, data entry, receptionist, database, calendaring, office administration, file systems, Microsoft word, excel, power point, outlook, medical terminology, organized, detail oriented, computer skills, self-motivated, communication skills, interpersonal skills, independent, multi-task
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Licensed Social Worker 40hrs Days Job ID: 2205007834 Date posted: 06/20/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Licensed Social Worker 40hrs Days Job ID: 2105006377 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Case Management Authorization Coordinator 40hrs Days Job ID: 2205012274 Date posted: 05/31/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet