Search Open Positions
Environmental Services Supervisor. 40hrs. Evenings. EOW/EOH. FUH.
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Reports to the Director of Hospitality Services. Manages the activities of the environmental services supervisors and front line staff. Is responsible for directing and controlling the activities of personnel engaged in providing a clean, safe, sanitary, and attractive Hospital environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Participates in the development of goals and plans for areas of responsibility under the direction of the Director of Hospitality Services. Controls labor usage by following approved staffing plans, ensuring a budget neutral salary expense while maintaining adequate service coverage and quality. Maintains adequate level of necessary supplies; inventories supplies and stores such in an appropriate manner; dispenses supplies to subordinates and other departments as requested. Provides input concerning the need for, and the development or revision of, policies and procedures. Communicates and monitors approved policies and procedures to subordinates and ensures their compliance. Represents the Department, its members, and the facility in a positive manner, maintaining a professional image at all times.
2. Participates in interviewing possible new hires and makes recommendations to Director of Hospitality Services. Conducts initial orientation and one-on-one training with all new hires. Conducts skills based training for all assigned employees regardless of their seniority. Prepares written performance appraisals for assigned staff. Provides coaching and counseling to staff, and (when necessary) conducts disciplinary action in the form of warnings and suspensions. Recommends employee terminations to Director of Hospitality Services and Human Resources. Uses management techniques designed to foster cooperation and fairness throughout the Department.
3. Assigns and monitors work schedules of subordinates; adjusts schedules and assignments as necessary for vacations, absences, and so on. Receives cleaning requests from other departments, determines appropriate resources (staff and equipment needed), and dispatches staff (or schedules work) to accommodate the customer. Develops cleaning schedules and special project schedules; monitors adherence to schedules and ensures completion of all necessary tasks. Supervises work in progress. Regularly inspects assigned areas/projects to determine effectiveness of procedures, performance of assigned employees, and the need for special cleaning, repairs, etc. Uses information gathered during rounds, inspections, and tours for formal and informal reports and calculations. Reports concerns needing special attention to the Director of Hospitality Services.
4. Assists in review of outside vendors. Following approval of the Director of Hospitality Services, coordinates outside contracted services (such as linen services, solid waste management, integrated pest control, window washing, drapery laundering, infectious waste removal, and hazardous waste removal as needed. Coordinates with other departments in order to complete special cleaning projects to resolve interdepartmental issues, and to distribute interdepartmental information, including policies and procedures. Coordinates with the Facilities Department in order to facilitate repairs as requested by customer or as quality assurance, safety, and inventory control programs. Cooperates with department leaders and supervisory personnel in order to solve problems and coordinate the performance of housekeeping duties and special housekeeping projects.
5. Communicates all operational occurrences to the Director of Hospitality Services. Retrieves departmental cleaning requests and dispatches appropriate staff. Prepares written summary of labor usage and calculates budget impact. Prepares and submits payroll and maintains records pertaining to payroll and attendance. Records all employee conversations and keeps on file. Records information gathered from formal or informal rounds, tours, and inspections and calculates results. Completes and controls manifests of all waste streams. Conducts training to all associates through monthly in-service training which may be skills based or mandatory. Conducts monthly staff meetings, communicates departmental goals, gathers employee information/concerns, prepares and communicates appropriate responses in a timely fashion.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's Degree highly preferred
• CHEPS or similar designation preferred
• Previous housekeeping experience, with progressive responsibilities in an acute care setting required.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills within all levels of the organization
• Knowledge of pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the departmental operations
• Knowledge of infection control techniques
• Knowledge of sustainability implementation strategies
• Knowledge of emergency management roles
• Knowledge of bargaining units
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Housekeeper I. Per Diem. Days. FUH Job ID: 2105035647 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Clinical Dietitian. Per-Diem. Days. FUH. Job ID: 2105037490 Date posted: 10/02/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- OR Aide Per Diem Days FUH Job ID: 2105019477 Date posted: 09/24/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet