Search Open Positions
HVAC Tech (Licensed) 40 hours Days
***STARTING AT $43/HR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, FULL BENEFITS AND PENSION***
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under the general supervision of the Facility Director, Manager, or designee and according to state/local requirements and established procedures, performs various duties as assigned to plan, construct, install, investigate, repair, and service Hospital buildings and equipment. Installs, repairs, and replaces fixtures. Performs work from diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturer’s specifications, and written or verbal instructions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Installs, inspects, tests, and repairs HVACR equipment throughout the Hospital complex to ensure proper HVA/Refrigeration operation in accordance with established procedures and according to code. This includes but is not limited to: heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as ice machines and refrigerators, etc.
2. Performs preventive maintenance and testing on HVACR equipment throughout the Hospital complex.
3. Coordinates and/or directs outside contractors (scheduled and unscheduled) working on hospital equipment, systems, grounds or building structure.
4. Performs other duties as required to maintain the physical plant and grounds. Follows all Hospital and departmental safety policies and policies and procedures. Attends all mandatory department training sessions. Maintains work area in a neat and professional manner. Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current Massachusetts Refrigeration Technician license. Current EPA C.F.C. Certification. Current valid driver’s license for operating motor vehicles in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. High school or technical school graduate or equivalent.
3. Minimum of 1 year of related experience in building maintenance and heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
4. Sheet metal certified and hospital experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of hand cutting tools, electric saws, and electrical and gas equipment.
6. Knowledge of state and local codes preferred.
1. Pushing, pulling, and lifting various types of equipment. Walking, standing, and stooping for extended periods of time. Climbing and working from ladders and staging while carrying equipment that may weigh up to 75 lbs.
2. Working at difficult angles to perform repairs. Working in all types of weather conditions. May be exposed to dust, noise, heat, cold, lubricants, and chemicals during the course of work.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Environmental Services Manager 40 hours Days Job ID: 2205031285 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Food Service Worker Per Diem Rotating Job ID: 2205021370 Date posted: 09/16/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Food Service Worker 40 hours Days Job ID: 2205031283 Date posted: 09/16/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet