Search Open Positions
Infection Preventionist PT Days Framingham
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
INFECTION PREVENTIONIST 24 HOURS/WEEK - DAYS
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Director of Clinical
Quality Improvement and the Medical Director Infectious Disease and
according to established policies and procedures, implements and
monitors compliance with hospital-wide infection control programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performing surveillance rounds on all designated units as
assigned. Conducting precaution surveys throughout the Hospital and
analyzes the need for precautions.
• Collecting and analyzing infection information for patients
and healthcare personnel.
• Serving as a leader/mentor and subject-matter expert to staff
in areas related to infection prevention.
• Investigating significant clusters of infections, infectious
outbreaks, or significant incidents.
• Collaborating with managers and staff to implement and
monitor best practices and corrective action plans related to infection
• Preparing and analyzing reports using a variety of software
• Presenting the findings of surveillance data and
investigations/studies to appropriate individuals and the Infection
Control Committee (ICC).
• Collaborating with Employee Health in all areas relating to
staff issues involving infectious disease exposures.
• Completing and submitting accurate reportable data to local,
state, and national agencies.
• Presenting orientation and training materials related to
• Conducting compliance monitoring for hand hygiene and
adherence to established policy to assure patient and staff safety.
• Participating in Environment of Care (EOC) rounds and
providing recommendations for remediation.
• Developing, updating and implementing all policies,
procedures and guidelines related to infection control.
• Participating on various committees, such as Infection
Control and Quality and Patient Safety.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB
• Bachelor's degree in nursing, medical technology,
chemistry, biology or an allied health-related field
• Two or more years of recent clinical experience in an
acute-care setting as an RN, medical technologist, epidemiologist
and/or an advanced degree in public health or a related healthcare field
• Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC), or
required to obtain within 2 years
• Previous experience in Infection Prevention and Control
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements required: Joint
Commission, OSHA, MA Department of Public Health, CDC and APIC
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) including experience with NHSN and working knowledge
of statistical data analysis techniques
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- NURSE PRACTITIONER-Oncology/Hematology Job ID: 2105027162 Date posted: 09/14/2021 Facility: MetroWest Physician Services
- Registered Nurse Mother/Baby 32hrs. Nights FUH Job ID: 2105029650 Date posted: 09/20/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- ED Tech/Constant Observer 32 hrs nights 11 pm - 7 am and every other weekend and holiday Framingham Job ID: 2005033020 Date posted: 09/19/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet