Search Open Positions
Paramedic Rotating Per Diem
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
Under the direction of an R.N. or M.D. and after completion of paramedic competencies, will assist with patient care within their scope of practice. Will be subject to Hospital orientation as established in compliance with JCAHO standards. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonates; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL DUTIES - The Paramedic may assist the RN/MD in the delivery of care for the following measures:
a. Intravenous cannulation of the peripheral vein in the arm;
b. Administration and monitoring of the IV;
c. The performance of CPR;
d. Point of care testing;
e. Cardiac monitoring and EKG’s;
f. O2 administration;
g. Splinting of non fractures and wound cleaning;
h. The reassessment of patients, data collection, and medical record recording;
I. The performance of phlebotomy;
j. Spine immobilization;
k. Vital signs with orthostatics on appropriate patients;
l. Peakflow, pulse ox readings;
m. Initiates and maintains IV fluids on adult patients, including NMS, D5W, LR, and D51/2 NS; and
n. Transport - may transport patients to med/surg, tele, ancillary departs for further diagnostic evaluation.
o. Can operate under general ACLS guidelines in absence of RN/MD.
2. COMMUNICATION - Communicates in a professional way with patients, families, and coworkers. Respects confidentiality.
3. DOCUMENTATION - Documents all care delivered accurately and appropriately on patient charts and logs.
4. SAFETY - Maintains universal precautions; identifies situations which place patients, self, and others at risk and takes appropriate measures to ensure safety.
5. DEPARTMENT SUPPORT - Assists staff with routine tasks. Responds promptly to requests.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
1. Current Commonwealth of Massachusetts EMT-Paramedic license, CPR, and ACLS required.
2. Minimum of 2 years pre-hospital experience as a licensed Paramedic.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Technologist 32hrs Job ID: 2105032367 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Medical Technologist 24hours Job ID: 2105041584 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Medical Technologist PRN Job ID: 2105040402 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet