Search Open Positions
Pharmacist 32 hours Evenings
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision of Pharmacy management and according to established policies and procedures, dispenses medications according to physician orders, monitors patient drug therapy, performs clinical functions per department guidelines, performs and documents therapeutic drug interventions as necessary, and provides drug information. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct supportive personnel.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reviews, interprets, and fills physician medication orders properly, assuring that drug therapy and dosing is safe and appropriate for patient diagnosis, age, weight, and clinical profile. Assures the pharmacy patient profile is accurate and complete with information necessary for evaluating safe and appropriate use of medications.
2. Accurately compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals. Supervises technicians' workflow as necessary and ensure that all drug products processed by technicians are prepared accurately and under proper conditions. Assures adequate control and documentation of controlled substances following state and federal regulations.
3. Supports Pharmacy Department clinical functions, provides education to nursing staff, rounds with physicians where appropriate, acts as liaison pharmacist to specified units as directed. Follows Hospital's formulary guidelines when making recommendations to physicians. Documents clinical intervention per department policy.
4. Participates in ongoing QI programs, including monitoring and reporting of ADR's, medication errors, MUE studies. Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures that promote effective, appropriate, and safe drug use. Ensures compliance with Hospital policies and procedures that apply to pharmacy services.
5. Participates in the orientation, education, and training programs provided for the pharmacy staff. Performs other professional duties such as patient education, in services, and drug information.
6. Communicates with pharmacy management on matters requiring their attention.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy. Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Hospital pharmacy experience preferred. BS or Pharm D, residency and/or clinical experience preferred.
3. Strong organizational, clinical, and communication skills, with attention to details
1. Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals. Required to follow proper OSHA safety standards and techniques.
2. Frequent standing, reaching, and walking during normal course of work activities. May require lifting of small loads.
3. Requires repetitive use of hands and fingers (eg. computer keyboards, IV preparation).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Technologist 32hrs Nights Job ID: 2105032367 Date posted: 08/30/2022 Facility: Metrowest Medical Center
- CT Supervisor 40 hours Days Job ID: 2205031280 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: Metrowest Medical Center
- Mammography Technologist Per Diem Rotating Job ID: 1905035533 Date posted: 11/30/2022 Facility: Metrowest Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet