Search Open Positions
Respiratory Therapist 36hrs
$8K Sign-On Bonus Available!
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick, and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Centerhas been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, Nights - 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Under the direction of the Medical Director and the direct supervision of the Manager of the Respiratory Care Department, the Respiratory Therapist will initiate and administer all respiratory therapy modalities according to established policies, procedures, and protocols at MetroWest Medical Center. Therapy will be administered to patients with cardiopulmonary dysfunction/disability or for preventive purposes. Participates in clinical education. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers and manages all ventilator care, continuous positive pressure breathing, weaning techniques, and artificial airway care.
- Set up changes and monitors associated equipment.
- Administers therapeutic gases (oxygen and helium/oxygen), utilizing cannulas and masks.
- Sets up, changes, and monitors associated equipment.
- Administers humidity and medications such as bronchodilators, antibiotics, utilizing cool and heated nebulization.
- Performs chest physical therapy, chest percussions and vibrations, postural drainage, incentive exercises, and ambulation exercises as indicated.
- Responds to all "Code Blue" and other emergency situations; performs and/or participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- May also assist with bedside surgical procedures.
Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health
screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of AMA accredited respiratory program
- Current Respiratory Therapist (CRT, RRT, RCP) license in the State of Massachusetts
- BLS-American Heart Association
- ACLS, PALS, NRP certification within 1-year of hire date
- Previous neonatal and pediatric experience preferred
Respiratory Therapist, Respiratory Therapy, respiratory technologist, pulmonary, respiratory system, registered, CRT, CRTT, RRT, RCP, AMA, AARC, America association for respiratory care, NBRC, national board of respiratory care, CoARC, pediatrics, patient care, ICU, intensive care, lung, hospital, clinic, nursing home, tracheotomy, diagnostic, acute care, inpatient, vital signs, hemodynamic, PFT, cardiology, cardio-pulmonary, ventilation, blood oxygen, chest exams, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Radiation Therapist Days Per Diem Job ID: 2105046384 Date posted: 05/13/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Chief Radiation Therapist Days 40hrs Job ID: 2205012264 Date posted: 05/03/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Radiation Therapist Days 40hrs Job ID: 2105046383 Date posted: 05/13/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet