Search Open Positions
RN Case Manager 40hrs Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. In 2019, MetroWest Medical Center achieved the Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award™. This distinction makes MetroWest Medical Center one of the top 2% of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide for its consistent, year-over-year superior clinical performance as measured by Healthgrades, a leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
At Metrowest, Case Management is an integral part of the health care delivery system. Using an interdisciplinary approach, Case Management collaborates to ensure patient’s needs are met. A collaborative approach to coordination of care is essential to providing patient centered care .
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Activates a process for each patient and uses a case management plan in managing care consistent with predetermined financial and quality outcomes, in collaboration with physicians and other healthcare members and payors.
2. Establishes collaborative practices with nursing, physicians, and health care professionals regarding plan of care, variances in plan implementation, and outcomes or expected outcomes.
3. Assesses, gathers information on physical, psychosocial, spiritual functioning, coping abilities, available resources, and support systems. Identifies potential or actual health problems, establishes nursing diagnosis, formulates plan and nursing intervention during inpatient stay, and plans for discharge. Facilitates transition of care to appropriate level of care and facility.
4. Manages and/or delegates care for case load during the patient health care continuum or episode of care. Facilitates communication with all departments. Collaborates for timely outcomes; prevents duplication and fragmentation of services. Assesses educational needs of staff and provides appropriate education.
5. Is responsible for internal and external patient care standards. Identifies and documents incidents that may affect quality of care. Tracks and reports on variances to department. Maintains documentation of case management activities, plans, and outcomes.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE , AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a BSN. Current licensure to practice nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in acute care, community nursing, and utilization review or related area.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Patient care environment.Prolonged standing and walking. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
Candidates must have a current license in Massachusetts and a BSN degree preferred.