Search Open Positions
Speech Therapist Per Diem Days. MBS experience preferred!
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Program Manager, Rehab Services (area specific), and with minimal supervision, performs duties to provide quality patient care within the scope of services for the Rehab Dept. Under a written referral from a physician and in collaboration with other rehab staff, performs evaluation of the patient’s clinical status and assessment of the rehab potential according to age appropriate guidelines, and designs and implements age appropriate treatment programs to maximize patient’s level of function.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clinical Practice: Performs all aspects of clinical practice, including being responsible for evaluation and treatment according to standardized techniques, departmental standards, and age appropriate guidelines. Develops treatment plans for assigned patients, including specific goals, established in conjunction with the patient and family, and therapeutic activities. Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plans at periodic intervals and as necessary. Provides patient and family education and maintains patient confidentiality. Demonstrates appropriate clinical decision making in all aspects of clinical practice, and determines proper equipment usage, application, and body position/mechanics in the administration of treatment. Is competent in usage of all equipment/modalities standard in the practice of rehab. Supervises SLP students after one full year of clinical experience.
2. Documentation: Prepares written documentation as required, including, but not limited to: evaluations, treatment plans, progress reports, billing documentation, treatment notes, and other reports as requested. Writes legibly and documents in accordance with professional, departmental, and hospital standards.
3. Communication: Communicates observations, facts, and comments to interdisciplinary team members, individually and through team meeting presentations, to ensure efficient coordination of overall health care plan. Encourages and engages in open communication to develop and reinforce professional, efficient work environment.
4. Teamwork/Attitude/Professionalism: Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, and quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control programs. Participates in performance outcome and improvement activities, continuing education and research activities, and clinical program development activities. Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature reviews, in-service attendance, conference/workshop attendance, etc.
5. Productivity/Efficiency: Provides direct treatment and billing and daily units (per day and per patient) within an acceptable range. Demonstrates independent time management skills for all duties such that documentation and billing duties are completed in a timely fashion within department standards. Is reasonable and flexible in approach to job and changing job requirements.
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. MS or Doctorate Degree in Speech and Language Pathology from accredited program. Successful completion of all clinical affiliations and degree requirements.
2. Valid licensure in Massachusetts and CPR certification.
1. Patient care environment. One-to-one or small group interactions with patient/client, family/caregiver, peers, and other personnel; frequent interruptions/distractions; potential transfer between units/areas, programs, and/or off-site locations. Occasional time spent outdoors or in hot, cold, or wet conditions.
2. Light to heavy lifting, prolonged standing and walking, frequent pushing, bending, lifting, and/or carrying objects 2-75 lbs. Occasional sitting, twisting, and climbing.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Respiratory Therapist 36hrs Job ID: 2205001023 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Respiratory Therapist 24hrs Job ID: 2005024213 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Respiratory Therapist 24hrs Job ID: 2105028986 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet