Search Open Positions
Sterile Processing Technician 40hrs
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick, and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Centerhas been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
SCHEDULE: Full-time, 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
** every other weekend/holiday requirement
Under general supervision of the SPD Supervisor and/or Lead Tech, is responsible
for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of instrumentation and
equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control
practices and guidelines. Willingness to accept new ideas, work under stressful
conditions and ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, cleans, and sterilizes instruments, equipment, treatment trays, or
other items using sterilization method according to manufacturer guidelines.
- Adheres to prescribed procedures for sterility control; electronically records
contents of each sterilizer load; regulates proper time and temperature; labels sterilized items according to prescribed procedures.
- Disassembles and reassembles equipment and machinery.
- Checks instruments and equipment to ensure proper working condition; notifies supervisor/lead tech of equipment/instruments in need of repair or replacement.
- Tests sterilizing equipment, electronically records results, and notifies appropriate personnel of malfunctions or need for repairs/ maintenance.
- Maintains a par level of all instruments and equipment in designated user areas, rewraps, sterilizes, and restocks outdated items.
- Maintains all records electronically pertinent to the sterile processing area.
- Performs other related duties, such as maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check
and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a high school diploma.
- Basic computer skills.
- BLS – American Heart Association
- CRCST – Certification Registered Central Service Technician
- Minimum 6-months experience working in Sterile Processing
Sterile processing technician, sterile processing tech, sterilization Technician, sterilization tech, SPT, CSPM, certified sterile processing management, CRCST, certified registered central service technician, CSPDT, certified sterile processing and distribution technician, CIS, certified instrumentation specialist, CPSPD, certified board for sterile processing and distribution, computer terminal, decontaminator, sonic cleaner, sterilizer, steam, air compressor, biological incubator, TJC, OSHA, CDC, AAMI, AORN, surgical instruments, infection control, sterilizes, trays, cleaning agents, lubricants, assembly, peel-packs, inspect, cleanliness, PAR, techniques, JCAHO, environment of care, hazardous, decontaminate, washing, bins, carts, temperate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Technologist 32hrs Job ID: 2105032367 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Medical Technologist 24hours Job ID: 2105041584 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Medical Technologist PRN Job ID: 2105040402 Date posted: 01/25/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet