Search Open Positions
Surgical Technologist Per Diem Days
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick, and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Centerhas been named to the 2019 America’s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
SCHEDULE: Per Diem, Days
Under the general supervision of the V. P. of Perioperative Service and OR Clinical Coordinator, and under the direction of the OR RN and according to established policies, procedures, and OR standards facilitate safe and effective surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures. Ensures patient safety by providing the surgeon adequate supplies, functioning equipment, and instruments. The surgical technologist possesses an expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, implementation tools, and technologies to facilitate a surgeon’s performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Practice follows all regulatory agencies including: The Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, CMS, CDC, and OSHA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides competency-based patient and family centered care to patients of all ages undergoing elective and emergency surgical, invasive, and diagnostic procedures
- Minimizes delays for the surgeon, patient and family by ensuring supplies, instruments and equipment are available and participates in all other activities to ensure that all “Room” preparations have been completed.
- In conjunction with the Service Leader and Educator for Perioperative Service Serves as a resource to other scrub personnel, including but not limited to OR and Perinatal RNs, Surgical Technologists, and students.
- Communicates physician’s requests for any changes in supplies, instruments, and equipment to the Specialty Service Leader.
- Competent to scrubs all elective and emergency surgical procedures performed at MWMC.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices.
- Actively participates in unit-based staff meetings and educational programs.
- Responsible to seek out information when unable to attend meetings or programs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge in clinical advances in the equipment and supplies used.
- Participates in the development and revision of policies and procedures.
Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check
and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate for an accredited program of surgical technology required.
- CST – Certified Surgical Technologist
- NBSTSTA – National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
- BLS – American Heart Association
- Ability to arrive to hospital within 30 minutes from the time called when on-call
- Cardiac experienced preferred
- 1-year surgical technologist experience
Surgical Technologist, Surgical Tech, Scrub Tech, instruments, supplies, equipment, surgical procedures, surgeon, operative, sterile, sterilization, scrubs, gowns, gloves, sterile table, medications, circulator, operation, OR, surgery, surgical, dressings, prepping room, cardiac, circulating, invasive, vascular, hybrid, integrated, digital, monitors, electrosurgical, tourniquets, incision, urinary, catherization, second assisting, technologist, cutting, clamping, suturing, tissue, retractors, sponges, suctions, electrocautery, bleeders, clamps, surgical technology, ARC, accreditation review council, STSA, surgical technology and surgical assisting, ASPA, association of specialized and professional accreditors, NBSTSA, national board of surgical technology and surgical assisting, CST, certified surgical technologist, AST, association of surgical technologist
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Laboratory Supervisor 40 hours Evenings Job ID: 2205025492 Date posted: 07/06/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- EKG Technician Per Diem Days Job ID: 2105042293 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Paramedic 24hrs Rotating Job ID: 2205021362 Date posted: 07/05/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet