Search Open Positions
Transporter. 40hrs. Days. EOW/EOH. FUH
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the transportation of patients to various departments and nursing units in a safe and efficient manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to various areas of the hospital.
• Responds to all requests from customers with a can do attitude. Follows up on requests with a sense of urgency.
• Is knowledgeable of and utilizes proper body mechanics to transfer patients into and out of beds, carts or wheelchairs.
• Assists, lifts and positions patients as needed.
• Communicates with the dispatch desk providing proper and necessary information to facilitate transports.
• Insures that nursing personnel are notified when a patient is leaving and returns to the patient care unit. Also notifies appropriate personnel in ancillary departments when patients arrive or leave the department.
• Completes all patient transport records and logs at nursing units and ancillary departments providing accurate information.
• Responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of all transport equipment.
• Responsible for the cleaning in conjunction to EVS request
• Treats all patient information as confidential and follows the facility HIPAA policy.
• Follows the patient transporter scripting when interacting with patients.
• Attends all required in-service training sessions designated by the facility and or department.
• Understands and exemplifies the philosophies and values of ABM Healthcare Support services.
• Possesses excellent communications and interpersonal skills treating others with respect.
• Able to handle various work loads and meet changing priorities as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Education: Must have a high school diploma.
• Experience: Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Housekeeper I. Per Diem. Days. FUH Job ID: 2105035647 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Clinical Dietitian. Per-Diem. Days. FUH. Job ID: 2105037490 Date posted: 10/02/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- OR Aide Per Diem Days FUH Job ID: 2105019477 Date posted: 09/24/2021 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet