Search Open Positions
Behavioral Health Counselor Float Pool 36 hrs Nights
*$3000 SIGN-ON BONUS*
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under supervision of the Charge Nurse, facilitates and provides psychiatric care of adult, adolescent, and/or child patients by planning and implementing milieu treatment, considering patient needs and therapeutic goals. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as a milieu therapist to assigned patients, including collaborating with the nurse therapist to determine a milieu treatment approach, functioning as an active member of the multidisciplinary team, administering an initial psychological assessment, and providing consistent individual counseling focused on treatment goals during hospitalization. Participates in milieu therapy for patients on an individual or group basis. Leads or assists in milieu groups. Incorporates knowledge of each patient's condition and application of various therapeutic techniques; ensures appropriate participation by patients.
2. Collaborates with other unit staff in assessing and evaluating patient's mental status. Initiates and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients. Collaborates in the diagnosis and treatment of patients; shares information and participates in the formulation of treatment plans. Coordinates and implements various aspects of milieu environment to provide a therapeutic experience for patients. Collaborates with other staff members to determine whether a patient represents a risk to himself/herself and/or others. Works with other unit personnel with crisis intervention techniques.
3. Provides supportive care to patients, such as participating in conversation, recreational activities, and basic living activities. This may include assisting patients with bathing, eating, and other daily living activities. Sets limits, confronts counterproductive activities and behavior, and reassures and orients patients. Encourages and facilitates appropriate interactions between patients.
4. Records all appropriate information on patient charts; prepares regular reports describing each patient's mental status and functioning, as well as significant interactions. Reports and documents overt, covert, verbal, and non-verbal communications by patients.
5. Provides support and education to family members and significant others regarding the patient's status. Works with representatives of outside agencies in obtaining or disseminating information on individual patients. Participates in discharge planning and referral, if necessary.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in psychology or a related field preferred.
2. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English).
3. BLS certificate preferred.
4. New hires with no BLS certificate will be required to obtain BLS within 3 months of start date.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- NURSE PRACTITIONER-Internal medicine Job ID: 2105041104 Date posted: 10/22/2021 Facility: MetroWest (VHM) Physician Services, Inc
- NURSE PRACTITIONER-Child and Adult Psychiatry Job ID: 2105044991 Date posted: 11/20/2021 Facility: MetroWest (VHM) Physician Services, Inc
- Nurse Practitioner- Primary Care- Framingham, MA Job ID: 2105020168 Date posted: 05/26/2021 Facility: MetroWest (VHM) Physician Services, Inc
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet