Search Open Positions
Director of Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
The Director of Behavioral Services will have joint responsibilities serving both as Director of Partial Hospitals and the Social Work Departments for MetroWest Medical Center and Saint Vincent Hospital. This position reports to the Regional Senior Director of Outpatient Services for the Northeast Region. The Director will oversee all aspects of partial hospital program planning and development, will maintain oversight of budgets and operations of the partial programs, and hiring staff. The Director will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team in all aspects of program planning and operations. The director will ensure that documentation is in compliance with licensing agencies, The Joint Commission, and payers.
Overseeing Social Work, the Director will be responsible for inpatient social workers providing direction and guidance regarding case management, timely discharge planning and referral to partial programs for each service; The Director will work closely with Social Work staff throughout the services lines to enhance professional identity, education and training, and general practice guidance. The Director will be responsible for maintaining an average daily census in all programs of a minimum of 15 patients and will supervise partial hospital staff in the provision of clinical treatment, timely documentation/billing, and treatment planning.
The Director will possess a strong clinical background in the treatment of mood disorders and substance abuse, and will have a proven track record of strong leadership, program management and development.
• Oversee three partial programs and IOP’s for mood disorders and substance abuse at the Center for Behavioral Health at MetroWest Medical Center, Natick, and Saint Vincent Hospital, Worcester.
• Design programs utilizing a group and individual format employing evidence-based treatment modalities for patients with dual diagnosis.
• Recruit clinically competent, dually trained PHP LICSW’s/ CADAC and LADAC clinicians to provide group and individual case management to patients.
• Responsible for all aspects of the clinical documentation, timely entries into the treatment record, and maintains compliance with TJC and third-party payer standards for documentation.
• Work closely with social work staff to ensure that all records are complete and sent to medical records in a timely manner for billing.
• Will be trained in the EMR (Athena) and will work with Athena to upgrade standards of documentation.
• The Director will work closely with referring agencies marketing the program and building relationships with referrers.
• Oversee the professional development of the social work staff for both inpatient and outpatient clinicians.
- Must have experience managing Partial Hospital Programs.
- Must have prior experience working with a dual diagnosis population.
- Must be a skilled at managing budgets and other fiduciary responsibilities related to program oversight.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a complex and changing environment.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other divisions and service lines to support the overall mission of the department and larger organization.
- LICSW, Psy.D., Ph.D., APRN
- Current unrestricted Massachusetts License
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities associated with the job.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Social Worker Inpt Child/Adolescent Psych Days 40 hours Job ID: 2205001029 Date posted: 01/10/2022 Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
- RN Psych IP Adolescent 24 hrs days 7a - 3:30 p and every other weekend and holiday $3K SIGN ON BONUS Job ID: 2105042166 Date posted: 11/01/2021 Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
- RN Psych IP Adolescent 24 hrs Afternoons Job ID: 2205001018 Date posted: 01/11/2022 Facility: MetroWest Leonard Morse Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet