Search Open Positions
RN Adult Psych H3 24 hours Days
We know it takes a special person to be a nurse, and we are committed to providing our nurses with an enriching and rewarding environment. We provide the resources, tools and support our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best way possible — so we can provide the right care, in the right place, at the right time, and do so with compassion.
- No travel
What makes a successful Nurse at our
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical thinker
- Paid Time Off
MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. Under general supervision of the unit's nursing management the Clinical RN performs duties to ensure quality patient care through the health care continuum. Ensures quality and safe delivery of care to patients in the following age groups: All ages; Neonate; Infancy; Toddler; Preschool; School age; Adolescent; Adult; Geriatric.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. CLINICAL PRACTICE: Performs all aspects of clinical practice according to standards of care, including, but not limited to: assessment, planning, implementing, evaluation, intervention, organization of work, priority setting, decision making, follow-up, activities of daily living, IV Therapy, EKG's.
2. LEADERSHIP: Delegates tasks to subordinates to ensure efficient and effective work flow. Provides input into hiring and evaluations and participates in the interviewing process. Resolves conflicts. Ensures proper staffing patterns according to established nurse-patient ratios. Assures current and quality nursing practice is maintained through participating in and keeping informed of unit/Hospital committees, staff meetings and other related activities. May serve as charge person.
3. DOCUMENTATION: Maintains thorough and complete documentation according to established legal and Hospital guidelines. Transcribes and inputs physician orders accurately and in a timely manner, using the nurse order entry system.
4. COMMUNICATION: Communicates and collaborates with all health team members, patients, and families effectively. Ensures patient care needs are met in a timely manner and follow through is initiated and/or completed. May act as a patient advocate.
5. EDUCATION: Keeps current with nursing skills, equipment, and unit specific knowledge. Provides patient/family teaching, may act as a preceptor, assists with the professional development of the unit.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Current RN license - Massachusetts. BLS required. Experience in Department; great interpersonal skills. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
INCLUDES EVERY OTHER WEEKEND AND EVERY OTHER HOLIDAY
Day shift is 7 am - 3:30 pm