Search Open Positions
Unit Secretary Emergency Unit Per Diem Days FUH
Under general supervision of a Nurse Manager and according to established Hospital and nursing department policies and procedures, the Unit Secretary performs a variety of duties including compiling, transcribing, preparing, and maintaining records in a specific nursing area or unit. Provides information and communication services to visitors and staff. Assists nursing staff in maintaining efficient and effective operations on the unit.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Transcription: A. Accurately transcribes physician orders and notifies the appropriate nursing staff. Initiates and maintains patient care Kardex. Recopies MAR (Medication Administration Record) forms. B. Enters and coordinates computer data on all patients in the unit.
2. Communication / Coordination: A. Coordinates with other Hospital departments, such as Radiology, Housekeeping, Laboratories, Social Services, etc. to request and obtain supplies and services. Works with nursing staff to coordinate patient transfers to and from the unit. B. Serves as the unit's communication person, answering phone calls, taking and relaying messages. Answers questions of visitors, physicians, or other departments in person or by phone. Initiates emergency protocol under the direction of a physician or nurse. C. Receives and directs visitors and family members. Provides routine information regarding Hospital and unit procedures.
3. Chart / Record Maintenance: A. Initiates, maintains, and updates patient charts, inserting appropriate forms, ancillary department reports, consults, etc. B. Rearranges order of charts for medical records when patient is discharged. Ensures that charts for transfer patients are copied prior to transfer to other facilities.
4. Unit Management Assistance: A. Ensures that the unit is adequately stocked with necessary supplies and equipment. Completes appropriate requisitions and/or charge slips, obtaining proper approvals. B. Functions as resource person and trouble shooter for computer related issues for the unit. Accesses patient data for nursing and medical staff as needed. C. Maintains work area on nursing unit in a neat and orderly condition.
5. Orientation: A. Assists with orientation of new employees to the functioning of the nursing station and the transcription of orders. Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Excellent computer skills; MediTech preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Experience in an administrative capacity in an acute care setting
• Great interpersonal skills; ability to work well with patients, visitors, medical staff, physicians
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Department Secretary PRN - Same Day Surgery Job ID: 2105033627 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- OR Scheduler PRN Job ID: 2105047101 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
- Department Secretary - EVS 40 hours Job ID: 2105035648 Date posted: 01/15/2022 Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet