Data Analyst Part Time St Vincent Medical Group
The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, writing and preparing reports. In this role, the Data Analyst will research, interpret and analyze data using the NextGen practice management system in conjunction with report writing software such as Crystal as well as Access database and/or Excel and any other future databases and/or medical information systems.
The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, generating and editing reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis as well as preparing any special ad hoc reports required by management. The Data Analyst will review, revise and make recommendation on all reporting as well as present reports to Senior Leadership, Physicians, Site Managers, staff, Coding and Compliance as well as other management and non-management staff as needed.
The Data Analyst will work with regional and national leaders, as required, and the TFPS senior leadership to develop reporting for all operational and financial strategies.
The Data Analyst will build reporting mechanisms that demonstrate and track key performance metrics in operational, financial and patient and employee satisfaction areas as well as any other areas determined by management.
Qualifications (including required licenses/certifications, education and job knowledge/experience)
- A.S degree (or greater) in computer science/programming, accounting and finance or other related field.
- Two years experience in medical business office, or medical finance department developing and preparing reporting of key performance indicators.
- Experience with medical practice management system software and EHR preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases including Access and ability to manipulate large data files to other software applications such as Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the operations and/or business of large Healthcare System, especially the functional areas of revenue cycle including RVUs, CPT and ICD-9 capture. Understanding of statistical information and data capture related to patient encounters.
- Healthcare operations experience and knowledge or exposure to Next Gen is preferred (and specifically its billing and collection subsystems).
- Experience with MGMA benchmarking and data collection practices.
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) to deal effectively with a wide variety of influential internal and external parties.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities